Thursday, March 17, 2011

NCAA FINAL FOUR PICKS

OK, OK, I know you're very anxious to know my Final Four picks. 


BIGGEST SURPISE: Few upsets
I think there will be a lot fewer upsets than everyone expects.  The biggest shocker will be there aren't ath many shockers.  Unfortunately, no Belmont or George Mason run this year- unless you count San Diego State.

FAVORITE REGION: Southwest
It stinks in a way, because almost all of the teams I root for are in the same region- Purdue and Notre Dame (within 90 minutes of where I used to live) and Vanderbilt (where I live now).  But did I pick any of them for the Final Four?

Without further ado, here is my bracket:


I went with San Diego State in the West mainly because I didn't like anyone else.  I think Duke is ready for an epic fail.

Despite being a #2 seed, Florida has an easier route to the Final Four than #1 seed Pitt, so I think they'll end up there.

That leaves the only two powerhouse teams in the tournament- Kansas and Ohio State.  I think Ohio State's youth beats out Kansas, and throw in clutch 3 point shooting and the urgency of Sullenger being a one-and-done, and you've got yourself a champion.

So there you have it.  Am I crazy?  Who are you picking for the Final Four?  Comment away!

Ohio State is an easy pi

No comments: