Wednesday, March 16, 2011

BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH. Week 2 No-Coke Update

Julius Caesar had been warned to 'beware the Ides of March', or middle of March.  Instead of heeding that warning, exactly 2055 years ago, he decided to go into the senate without body guards, and the rest is history.  In retrospect, I should have known better than to have my two week weigh-in on the Ides of March.

(To catch you up, I've committed to literally throwing a dollar bill away in March for every time I drink a Coke or sweet tea.)  I'm now two weeks in.

WEEK TWO STATS:
Cokes/Sweet Teas Drunk:  Zero
Dollar Bills Thrown Away: Zero
Feb 28 Weight/Body Fat: 191.2 lbs/ 20.4% Body Fat
March 8 Weight/Body Fat: 189.0 lbs/ 19.8% Body Fat
March 15 Weight/Body Fat: 190.6 lbs/19.9% Body Fat
Weight Gain Week 2: +1.6 lbs
Body Fat Gain: +0.1%
March 8- March 14 tri training: 2000m swam/35.1 miles biked/10.4 miles run (about the same as last week)

That's right- no Cokes or sweet teas, worked out slightly more, and I GAINED weight.  Thrilling! 



My daughter Sydney (in pink, top center of photo) had her four year old birthday party, which featured an actual ballerina giving the dozen girls lessons, and my wife's fine party design skills.

How many cupcakes did I have?  None.  I did eat three pastel jelly beans, but that was it.  Perhaps it was the stress (it was good stress, but stress none-the-less) of having family in town for the weekend, helping
organize stuff, doing handywork, etc, that did me in.

I'm looking forward to this week, though, to see if I can turn things around.  I RedBoxed "The A-Team" to watch while on the bike tomorrow morning, and I'm shooting for 90 minutes and 25 miles biked.  Good luck to me!

By the way, I have to appreciate people who blog consistently, regardless of what's going on.  Blogging consistently is a new thing for me.  I know I promised to do weekly updates, but with the tragedy in Japan, a blog on losing weight just seems silly.  But, I promised, so here it is.  I think this will generate an interesting, very-non-Coke-related blog for tomorrow.

No comments: