Friday, February 25, 2011

NBA All-Star Weekend

I had a great time at All-Star Weekend in LA, and got to run into a few celebs. I was shocked to see that 'Darryl' from The Office wasn't that much taller or heavier than me.  I guess the camera not only adds a few pounds but also a few inches.  He was actually pretty cool.  We asked if we could get a picture with him, and he said "Sure, but I really gotta pee!" You never know if that's just a blow off line, but sure enough, when came back out on the hallway concourse at The Staples Center, he was looking for us.

But on Sunday morning at the chapel service, I met someone who certainly did live up to the height.




I enjoyed having a 5 minute conversation with 7'1 David Robinson.  He told myself, Eddy, and the chaplain about his efforts with a Bible study group and ministry in San Antonio.  Really nice guy.


It was nice to see my 6'4 brother look short :)

No comments: