Thursday, December 25, 2008

Uncool Daddy

The girls love me.  They're always running up to me, wanting to bounce, chase each other, hide under the covers, or just cause general mayhem.  This past week, Krista has been talking about how well the girls are playing with each other.  The other night (the 23rd, I think), the girls were playing together, and I decided to join them- but instead of the joyous reception I normally receive (YEAH, DADDY!), it was like 'oh, dad's here'.  Total buzzkill.  I tried to do something funny, and they still didn't think I was funny.  So I tried to gracefully make my escape, and the girls went back to playing.  Of course, as I type this, things are back to normal.  My 21-month-old Syd has her head on my shoulders, and Brooklyn has been having me bounce her (I hold both her hands helping her jump higher and higher).  But the uncool daddy/cold shoulder incident was not too fun.  I can certainly wait till they are older.

No comments: